1. How do I make a donation on behalf of a registered participant or team? Click on this link to locate a participant or team you wish to donate to. If you prefer to mail a check donation, please fill out this form and mail your check with the completed form to: Susan G. Komen Israel Race for the Cure P.O. Box 650309 Dallas, TX 75265-0309
2. How can friends and family make an online donation directly to me or my team? Friends and family can locate a participant or team by clicking on this link OR by clicking on the Donate tab of the website.
3. Can I mail a check donation? Yes! Fill out this participant donation form and mail it with your check to the below address. Be sure to fill out all sections of the donation form to ensure we credit your donation to the correct individual or team. Please make checks payable to ‘Susan G. Komen Israel Race for the Cure’. No cash, please.
Susan G. Komen Israel Race for the Cure
4. Where should I mail my donation to? Mail your check with this completed donation form attached to the address below. Be sure to fill out this form so that we can credit the appropriate participant or team with your donation.
Susan G. Komen Israel Race for the Cure
6. Where do I get a donation form that I’m asked to mail with my check donation? A printable donation form is available on the Fundraising section of the website. Click here to print one!
7. Is there a fundraising requirement to participate? No. However the Komen Race is the signature fundraising event of our organization. Funds raised from the Israel Race will support breast health programs in Israel and around the globe. Click here to read more about what we do with the money raised and consider making a donation in support of our efforts today.
8. How are the fundraising proceeds used? 100 percent of the funds raised through the Komen Israel Race for the Cure will go towards programs that address breast cancer and women's health needs in Israel. Your fundraising efforts will allow for more programs to be funded, resulting in more lives saved. In Israel, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer among women, accounting for over 30 percent of all cancer cases. Each year, 4,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed; Israel has one of the highest rates of breast cancer in the world. Worldwide, 1.3 million women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010; 465,000 will die.
9. Is my registration tax-deductible? No. Registration fees are not tax-deductible, however, any donations that you make to your own fundraising account may be tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
11. Do donations made to the Israel Race qualify for tax deductions in other countries? Donations made to the Israel Race may not qualify for tax deductions in other countries. Please check with a tax professional for laws specific to your country.
12. For international donations made online with a credit card, will the amount entered in the Komen Israel Race donation form be in U.S. dollars? Yes. For international donations made online with a credit card, the amount entered online should be in U.S. dollars.
13. Can I donate in Shekels? Yes. You can donate in Shekels in Hebrew or Arabic on our Israel Race registration website. Note: The Hebrew and Arabic registration website is separate from the English site and your Shekel donation will not be visible on the English site. If your donation is in honor of a participant or team, we will work to ensure they receive credit for your donation on the Hebrew registration site. Click here to visit the Hebrew site.
14. Do all donors receive a receipt? Yes. All online donors, regardless of the amount donated, receive an email receipt if a valid email address is provided. All donors who mail checks in the amount of $10 or more will receive a receipt if a valid U.S. return mailing address is provided
15. What is a matching gift and how do I apply for one? A matching gift is when a person makes a donation to a nonprofit organization and their employer donates an equal or greater amount to the same group. A matching gift is a great way for a donor to double his or her contribution to the fight against breast cancer.
How do I know if a company will offer a matching gift for a donation? Click below to search for the name of the company. If the company has matched gifts for Komen Headquarters in the past, it should appear in the search results. Email IsraelRace@komen.org to request more information about matching gifts.