- What is Home for the Cure®?
- How does Home for the Cure® work?
- How do I sign up my office to participate in the HFTC program?
- Where can I purchase Home for the Cure® sign riders?
- Where can I find additional support materials for the program?
- How do I send Tribute Cards to my clients?
- Is my contribution tax-deductible?
- How do I get a tax receipt for my donation?
- Do the donations made through HFTC go back to the local Komen Affiliate?
- Is Susan G. Komen for the Cure a nonprofit organization?
- If I make a donation, how will my money be used?
- How can I order pink ribbon merchandise?
- If our team participates in our local Race for the Cure, can our funds raised go toward our Home for the Cure fundraising campaign?
- If I am participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure®, will my fundraising efforts from the Home for the Cure count towards my fundraising minimum for the Komen 3-Day?
1. What is Home for the Cure®?
A fundraising tool, designed specifically for RE/MAX Associates to support Susan G. Komen with each closed transaction. Once you become a Home for the Cure agent, Komen will receive donations upon the closing of your home sale or purchase.
RE/MAX agents go to the HFTC website and enroll in the program where they would be asked to determine a fundraising goal. The system automatically defaults to a recommended minimum donation. (Please note that this is not a pledge program, so the agent is not held accountable to this goal). During the enrollment process you will also be asked to provide a user-name and password.
Go to the HFTC website and click on the tab to Create/Join an Office for the Cure and follow the steps for enrolling in the program. You will need to click on the “Search for an Office for the Cure” box. After you click there you will see two drop down boxes to identify the region and then another for the office names. Select the one that you are associated with in order to connect it to your office name. As the person enrolling signing up the office, you name (email) will be the main name on the account. However, each office agent must enroll individually even if they want to participate under the same team. They would have to enroll under, “Join an Office for the Cure”.
Home for the Cure® sign riders can be purchased through Approved Suppliers on RE/MAX Mainstreet.
Associates can find additional support materials to use in conjunction with the Home for the Cure program in their Participant Center on the Home for the Cure website. Note that you must be logged-in to access the Participant Center.
We no longer have tribute cards that you can purchase in bulk. The tribute cards are automatically sent out when the correct and complete information is entered either through the on-line donation process or by submitting a check donation form.
Online donations - when making a contribution by using a credit card, the section that says Honoree Information is where you include the name of the person(s) you would like to have printed on the card. The next section labeled “Tribute Card Recipient Address” is where you need to ensure that all the information is entered accurately to ensure the information is mailed to the right person and in a timely manner.
Offline (check) donations - Check donation forms need to be completed with correct mailing address to the Honoree in order for them to be process. Once the check donation form is complete and sent to the PO Box listed on the form, it will be processed through our outsourcing agency who will fulfill the Tribute Card request. This form can be accessed through your participant center back office through the HFTC website.
Yes. All contributions to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, where no goods or services were received, are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
* Online donations:
For online donations, tax receipts will be emailed upon the completion of the donation to the person whose email is associated with that record (All records in our system are tied to an email address). For example: if an admin is making a donation on behalf of the Office owner, be sure to use the email address of the office owner and not that of the administrator in order for the Office owner to receive the tax receipt. If additional donations are made for other agents in the office, there should be a different email address associated for each individual agent; otherwise, one person would be receiving the acknowledgement.
* Offline donations:
* Komen will issue acknowledgements/tax receipts for all offline donations of $10 or more on the day in which the donation was received at Komen HQ
* Acknowledgements are sent within 6 weeks of donation processing
* Acknowledgements are sent to the person who has written the check
- If you send 10 checks from 10 different people, Komen will send an acknowledgement to each of those 10 people
- If a donor makes a check payable to you and you make a check payable to Komen, Komen will send the acknowledgement to you
- If a donor gives you cash and you make a check payable to Komen, Komen will send the acknowledgement to you
Yes. Donations made through the Home for the Cure program are distributed to our Affiliates based on the zip code of the donor. Reports are pulled every January and July.
* You can assure your donors that their gifts help support national breast cancer initiatives and also help support local screenings and treatment programs for those who may otherwise go without
Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a Texas non-profit corporation. Komen for the Cure is a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Eighty-four cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen for the Cure supports mission programs and services. The funds raised through the Sold for the Cure program will be distributed to local Komen Affiliates two times per year, January and June. For RE/MAX Associates who are not located in an Affiliate Service area, funds will be directed to Komen Headquarters, which supports the Research and Award program. Find out if you are located in an Affiliate Service area.
Pink ribbon merchandise is available through the ShopKomen.com. A variety of pink ribbon items are available: T-shirts, pins, picture frames and much more. Fifty to 80 percent of the purchase price of all items sold will support our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever.
13. If our team participates in our local Race for the Cure, can our funds raised go toward our Home for the Cure fundraising campaign?
Unfortunately, Komen is unable to apply any fundraising dollars of the local Race for the Cure event toward your Home for the Cure fundraising campaign. The local Affiliate is a separate 501(c)3 and uses a different operating system than Komen Headquarters.
14. If I am participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure®, will my fundraising efforts from the Home for the Cure count towards my fundraising minimum for the Komen 3-Day?
The Komen 3-Day for the Cure program is a separate fundraising program than that of the Home for the Cure; therefore, the donations are counted separately.