Breast Cancer Bill of Rights
Every woman deserves access to timely and affordable high-quality breast health care but not every woman has it. As a breast cancer advocate, I pledge to support the Breast Cancer Bill of Rights and its ten tenets:
- EARLY DETECTION: Every woman has a right to access breast cancer screening tools that may save her life.
- FINANCIAL STABILITY: Women who are diagnosed with breast cancer have a right to fight the disease without fear of bankruptcy.
- ACCESS: Breast cancer patients and survivors have a right to health coverage.
- TIMELY CARE: Every woman who has an abnormal mammogram has a right to a diagnosis and treatment, if needed, without delay.
- HIGH QUALITY: Every woman has a right to high quality care, no matter where she seeks medical services.
- STRONG SAFETY NET: Uninsured women have a right to a strong breast health care safety net.
- RECONSTRUCTION: Breast cancer survivors have a right to insurance coverage for full mastectomy care, including reconstruction.
- CLINICAL TRIALS: Breast cancer patients who participate in a clinical trial have a right to coverage for routine health care costs.
- PATIENT EDUCATION: Every woman has a right to make informed choices and take control of her own health.
- INNOVATION: All Americans have a right to a government that invests adequately in innovative cancer research.
I promise to protect our newly acquired rights in the Patient Protections and Affordable Care Act and keep fighting until the entire Breast Cancer Bill of Rights is enshrined in law and extended to all women.