Friends and Family of Evolent Health,
Evolent Health is proud to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
In support of Susan G. Komen’s work to provide education, screening, and treatment programs for people in our community and support cutting-edge research, we are excited to announce that Evolent Health has already committed to a $5,000 donation to Susan G. Komen, and we have set a goal to raise $3,200 on top of that. Susan G. Komen’s goal is to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths (~40K per year) by 50% in the U.S. by 2026. To achieve that goal, Komen is focused on two things: 1) finding breakthroughs and 2) ensuring all people get the care they need.
See below for how you can participate in Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
1. Donate to the Susan G. Komen team page and / or sign up as a participant so that you can fundraise on behalf of the team
- Your dollars make a difference - every day, 582 people receive a free Komen-funded screening, 35 people call the Komen Breast Care Helpline, 90 people receive Komen-funded treatment assistance, 114 people benefit from Komen-funded diagnostic testing, and 18 people learn they have breast cancer through Komen-funded services
- Komen has invested $1B+ since 1982 to support breast cancer research
2. Commit to running, biking, walking, or completing a 5K in any form of your choice on October 24th or October 25th. A donation is your way to register for the "virtual 5K". While we can't gather in person this year, we can come together as a community to complete this physical challenge, bring mindfulness to breast cancer and its impact, and honor those impacted by the disease
3. Take a post-5K photo and share via social media (remember to tag Evolent and Susan G. Komen!) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Throughout Breast Cancer Awareness month, the Women of Evolent Business Resource Group and our Breast Cancer Awareness Committee will be hosting educational panels, providing resources to employees, and facilitating additional opportunities to make an impact. Stay tuned and look out for announcements and calendar invites for Breast Cancer Awareness Month initiatives:
- Clinician panel with Dr. Soni, Dr. Hertler, Nicole Magdziarz, moderated by Cindy Hargett
- Information about our employee benefits and preventative care that is covered
- Opportunities to support patients and healthcare workers through letters of encouragement
- Many more to come!