2017 5K Race
5k: USAT&F Certified Course (NY09032JG) – the former Freihofer’s Run for Women course
Start: On Madison Avenue immediately west of the NYS Museum overpass
Finish: On Madison Avenue immediately east of the NYS Museum Overpass
2017 Family Walk
We have a 2K (approximately 1 Mile) walk that starts immediately after the start of the 5K Run. The route will begin similar to that of the Race, but will have an earlier turn-around.
Sleep in for the Cure©
Out of town on race day? Live outside the Capital District area? Just want to sleep in on Saturday morning but want to help? Register to Sleep in for the Cure© online, by mail or at packet pickup and we’ll mail you a t-shirt. This is a great way to support our race and, if you are on a team, build the size of your team beyond race day participants!
The BlueShield NENY Kids for the Cure© Dash
- Children 10 and under are invited to participate in our Fun Runs on the Empire State Plaza.
- Various distance dashes will be run based on age.
- All participants will receive a race t-shirt, special bib and finisher’s ribbon
- This year’s Dash will be a “HERO” Dash, and we encourage participants to dress up as the heroes in their lives (or their favorite super hero!) Prizes will be given for best dressed!
- Parent/guardian must accompany child and sign a waiver for each dashing child
- Children may participate in BOTH the Dash and the 5K or Family Walk
- BlueShield will beo n hand with the healthy cruiser van and a kid zone play area
Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors
- Breast Cancer survivors will be honored in a special Survivor Ceremony, held onstage just prior to our Human Ribbon and Awards ceremonies. Survivors should line up near the stage by 10:35 a.m. All participants are encouraged to join us to cheer on our survivors.
- Survivors receive a complimentary survivor t-shirt and are invited to our special Survivor Tent throughout the morning.
- A survivor group photo will be taken immediately following the ceremony.
Join us as we form a human ribbon on the steps of the Empire State Plaza. The ribbon will take place immediately prior to the awards ceremony. Join us in this moving tribute to the fight against breast cancer!