Welcome to my participant page. Here’s the narrative:
I recently accepted the challenge to participate in the 2019 Komen New England Vermont Ride for the Cure® and raise funds in support of Komen’s vision of a world without breast cancer. I will be riding my horse, Wren. However she and I will not be wearing a whole lot of pink. I hope that won't discourage you from supporting us with a tax deductible donation. Thanks for considering a gift.
So I'm posting this again, as a couple people had questions.
First, yes - I am a "survivor" though I don't like the term and frankly if you've known me for any length of time you'll probably agree I was a pretty determined sort of person before ever getting a cancer diagnosis. But yes. I am a breast cancer "survivor," so now you know.
Second, I checked and 75 percent of the money raised through this fundraising ride stays in New England to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports breast cancer research (national effort). If knowing that the majority of the money stays local inspires you to give, that's great.
Third, I am just totally blown away that so many folks have contributed so far! I'm not gonna lie - I signed up for this ride just because I love riding on the gorgeous property of the Green Mountain Horse Association in Woodstock. But I'm pretty impressed by your generosity, and I have to admit now I'm kinda psyched to have created an opportunity for my fabulous and generous friends to support this cause. So thanks. Just thanks.
I'm still not planning to wear much pink, but my friend (Polly Wilson) and I have decided we'll make pink browbands for our horses. I'll post pictures after.
You may have heard: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Friday is the fundraising deadline for the Susan G. Komen New England Ride for the Cure that I'm doing next week. I'm just a couple hundred dollars from reaching my fundraising goal. Very excited for the ride next week in beautiful Woodstock, VT!
Thank you to everyone who has already given!