Why We Fundraise
- 1 in 8 in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- In Oregon and SW Washington, it is 1 in 7.
- Breast cancer knows no boundaries - age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location
- 63 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed every week, and 11 people will die right here.
- Over $32 million has provided local care services and research.
- 75% of our funds go towards saving local lives - $19.8 million in early detection, survivor and fighter support, and advocacy.
- 25% is pooled with other affiliates to fund promising research, including $12.4 million to local research institutions - Providence Cancer Center and OHSU Knight Cancer institute.
- Your participation and donations/fundraising help us fight these statistics together. Since 1981, the 5-year relative survival rate, when breast cancer is diagnosed at an early stage and confined to the breast, was about 74%. Today, it is 99%. The death rate has declined by 38%.
Today, there is uncertainty with healthcare. Let’s stay together in our fight against breast cancer. Participate and donate now to will help those who desperately need a mammogram, access to treatment, support or more in the coming year.