Team Packaging Deadline
What: If your team has 8+ people registered by February 18 at midnight, all your team bibs, shirts, and pins will be in the package for you to pick up!
Team Package Pick Up:
Where: Valley River
Inn – 1000 Valley River Way Eugene, OR 97401
When: Wednesday, February 21 from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
What: Join other team captains for a social with appetizers and beverages, courtesy of the Valley River Inn and pick up your pre packed team materials!
Q: What if someone
registers after February 18 at midnight?
A: You are welcome to have more people sign up on your team! However, they will have to pick up their shirt on Race for the Cure morning in the village
Q: What if I can’t
pick up my package?
A: Your package will be available on Race for the Cure morning at Will Call. Please note, we will not add anyone’s materials to your package if they register after February 18 at midnight. They will have to pick up their materials as individuals
Q: Do the dogs get
A: The dogs will pick up their goodies at Race for the Cure on March 4.
More Questions?: Contact email@example.com
Start a Team
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 Select the team captain. The captain must register first and create the team before members can join.
- Step 2 Choose a team name and team division that best describes your team. During registration, designate whether you are a friends and family, corporate or school team.
- Step 3 Invite friends, coworkers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to race and fundraise with you.
- Step 4 Set up your team web page. After you register, log in to your Fundraising Center to add a photo of your team, set a fundraising goal and tell everyone why you race for the cure.
Each team member can fundraise on their personal Facebook page! Friends will be able to read your story, watch your progress and donate – all without ever leaving Facebook, helping the team to build momentum and reach their goals faster.
Team Captain Checklist
After you register, it’s time to recruit your team and start fundraising. Here are some tips to get started:
- Make a donation of any size to show your commitment and kick off your fundraising efforts.
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit for your team.
- Display event materials, such as brochures and posters, around your office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. Include your name and contact information so people can easily get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event, and invite the Susan G. Komen® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members to encourage them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
Every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. And when you race with a team, you amplify your impact. How much will your team add to the movement?
Once you have your team in place, there are two ways to raise funds:
- Each team member asks their friends, family and coworkers to make a donation. Visit our Fundraising 101 page for tips on personal fundraising.
- Your team works together to host a fundraising event. Download our 101 Fundraising Ideas for fun and easy team fundraising events.
The ultimate reward for your fundraising work is knowing that you and your team made your mark in the breast cancer fight. Set your goals high, and be sure to visit our Rewards page to see how we celebrate our top-performing teams.