LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER TO WORK IN THE SURVIVOR BUTTON BOOTH. WE MAKE BUTTONS FOR THE SURVIVORS BY PLACING STICKERS WITH THE NUMBER OF YEARS OF SURVIVAL ON THE BUTTONS . LAST YEAR WAS THE FIRST TIME WE DID THIS AND THE SURVIVORS SEEMED TO REALLY LIKE IT.
This year, I registered for the event because I wanted to take action and be More Than Pink™. I want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer and need your help. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts. You can make the donation online here or mail it to me and I will send it in; My address is 10240 Kerrianna Dr, Montgomery, OH 45242 Make checks payable to Susan G Komen Southwest Ohio.
As you know I am a three time survivor and I keep on kicking. I did this with the help of all of you. Now I am asking for you to help others who are facing the challenge of breast cancer.
Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer-- 75 percent of the money raised stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today? And., if you want to join us on the Walk, We will be working at one of the survivor booths. Just look for us. Join us in working the booth ( let me know ahead of time if you want to volunteer) or just in walking with us. Here is looking forward to a beautiful day.
More Than Pink Walk
Q. Why are you
changing the name from Race for the Cure to More Than Pink Walk?
change is part of the ongoing evolution of Susan G. Komen, and builds on Komen’s
successful and engaging More Than Pink brand platform first introduced in 2016 with the premise that if pink = awareness, then More Than Pink = action. More Than Pink highlights the fact the organization and those who support our work are much more than a color, and enables us to better connect our supporters to the full breadth of the work we do every day to help save lives from breast cancer. The change from a
Race to a Walk also aligns the fundraising event with the experience of the vast majority of our participants. Being More Than Pink is a proactive call to do more in the fight against breast cancer - MORE for research, MORE for our communities, MORE for caring for those living with breast cancer – especially metastatic breast cancer – and give MORE encouragement to take action to find the cures.
Q. Is Komen moving away from pink?
not. Pink is the principal color of the breast cancer movement and remains our signature color as well. You will still see a lot of pink at the walk, including as the traditional color of our breast cancer survivors. However, this evolution reinforces that the movement is more than a color, and that it’s not enough just to wear pink. We are a community of people who want to do more
for research, more for our communities, more for caring for those living with breast cancer – including metastatic breast cancer – and more action to get us to the cures.
Q. Other than the name change, what differences
will I see?
A. The biggest
difference is that the More Than Pink Walk
will not have a run element. We’re focusing on making the event a walk - which reflects the vast majority of our participants historically - to
create a greater sense of community among participants and to provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend. And by focusing on the walk, we can maximize the amount of funds raised by the event to support our
work to save lives and end breast cancer.
Q. When is the Walk?
A. The Walk willbe held on Sunday September 30, 2018. The opening ceremony will start at 9:45am and the walk will follow at 10am. Coney attractions open at 10:30.
Q. Where is the Walk?
A. The Walk will take place at Coney Island 6201 Kellogg Ave., Cincinnati OH 45203.
Q. How much is the fee to sign up?
A. The fee is$20 for Adults, Survivors and Virtual participants and $10 for youth (2-15
years old). (Fee includes in the rides after the walk.) NEW THIS YEAR: everyone must be signed up and have a wrist band to gain access to the event and Coney Island. Registration will be available the day of the walk, but it is HIGHLY
suggested to sign up in advance online.
Q. Is parking included?
Parking is $5.00 at the gate the day of the walk.
Q. What is included in the sign
A. You will receive a wrist band, special gift, access to the Coney Attractions and a great feeling!
Q. Are pet and strollers allowed
at the event?
A. Pets are prohibited from the event, but strollers are permitted.
Q. Is the sign up fee changing?
A. Yes! In a GOOD way! The
fee is just $20 for Adults, Survivors and Virtual participants. $10 for youth (ages 2-15; we recommend registering any child that plans to be able to ride the Coney rides after the walk as they will need a ride wrist band.)
Add your name to the list!