Melissa Dunn is more than pink

Donate
Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
research
care
community
action

My Story

It's been 8 years since I heard the words no one ever wants to hear, especially a 25 year old "You have breast cancer." What? How? Not me. But yes, it was me. Diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer, stage II/III on July 21, 2011. While my head was still spinning, I was thrown into surgery for a port (to get chemo easier), then my first round of chemo that same day. 16 rounds would make their way into my body to fight cancer. I lost my hair, but I never lost my hope. I put on a pink wig and walked in my first Komen event that year. We raised almost $9,000 in 2011! I've been working for a cure ever since (for real, now that I work for Komen Southwest Ohio and it's my passion to find these cures). 

I had a lumpectomy in January of 2012, then radiation in May. I've been no evidence of disease ever since, woo hoo! But I've known a handful of ladies who have not been so fortunate. I've lost several 'pink sisters' and it's never easy. It's always in the back of my mind that it could come back, and it could take my life. There is NO CURE for Stage IV (metastatic breast cancer). Life is precious and I live every day to be the best wife, mom and friend. And I work so that one day, we no longer hear the words: You Have Breast Cancer.

Yes I said mom. Some women with a breast cancer diagnosis can't have children. I find myself very blessed to have my little miracle babies, Nolan and Julianne. Please help me reach my goal of $5,000 by making a donation today. Be More Than Pink. Take action. Support metastatic breast cancer research.

I am More Than Pink. Komen is more than just one color, and you will see that this year at the More Than Pink Walk, we are research, community, care and action. I want to make an impact in the fight against breast cancer and need your help. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts.

Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75 percent of the money raised through the walk stays in the community to fund breast cancer research, our TOP PRIORITY, education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.

Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That's our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?

 

Read More Read Less Support Me
Donate today to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths by 50%
in the U.S. by 2026

My Goal
$5,000

Amount Raised
$2,667

I'm a...

Race for the Cure Alumni

Survivor

Team Captain

My Badges

Donate to Melissa!

Add your name to the list!

Donate
Your gift could provide a one month supply of Tamoxifen, a drug used to treat breast cancers that rely on estrogen for growth, to a patient in need. Every 60 seconds, somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. Your gift will help save lives! Your gift could provide a screening mammogram to an uninsured or underinsured person in need. Your gift could provide a breast prosthesis for an uninsured or underinsured woman in need. Your gift will help us reach our bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. within the next decade!
Melissa's Donors Are More Than Pink™!
Fundraising Honor Roll
Tammy Drake
Mitch Autry
$260
Kelley Everetts
$260
Mark Heimbouch
$250
David Henderson
$104
John R Bachmann
$104
Dawn Stuhr
$104
Anonymous
Anonymous
Donna Swaffer
$100
Melissa Dunn
$100
Mom & Dad
$100
Facebook Fundraiser
$100
Bill & Lori Teater
$100
Stephanie Pfirman
Sherry Hudson
$62
Mrs. Jamie Landheer
$62
Mrs. Shelley Ann Huetter
$52
Anonymous
Colleen Humphrey
$52
Anonymous
$36
Facebook Fundraiser
$35
Facebook Fundraiser
$25
Mandy 'Amanda' Lynn Pollock
$25
Facebook Fundraiser
$20
Facebook Fundraiser
$20
Facebook Fundraiser
$20
Facebook Fundraiser
$20
Dayna Nelson
$10
Facebook Fundraiser
$10