Celeste Hall

Survivor

My Achievements

Made a Personal Donation

$100

Milestone: $100

$250 $250

Milestone: $250

$500

Milestone: $500

$1,000

Milestone: $1000

$1,500

Milestone: $1500

$2,500

Milestone: $2500

Received Five Donations

Hit My Goal

My Story

Hello Family & Friends,

This year, on my birthday, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Triple Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer. Later, I found that the disease had spread further to include my vertebrae, increasing my staging to stage 4. Triple Negative Breast Cancer, or TNBC, makes up for only about 10-20 percent of breast cancer diagnoses and is exceptionally aggressive. Triple Negative Breast Cancer gets its name because it lacks estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors, and excess HER2 protein. Why is this important? The absence of these three biological components makes TNBC notoriously more difficult to treat, as it is not receptive to any of the more traditional treatments for breast cancers. TNBC is also twice as likely to occur in African American women.

Breast cancer has impacted the health and wellness of the women in my family for many years. As a caregiver for my mother, a two time breast cancer survivor and my hero, I saw first hand how harsh this disease is on the mental and physical experience. Several years after she was declared cancer free, I am beginning my own journey on a path she wishes would have skipped her offspring. Running this race has been incredibly difficult, but I am encouraged nonetheless. Cancer picked the wrong Diva! The outpouring of love and support from my family, friends, church, and my newfound "Cancer Sisters" community, is unmatched! In the words of the late Stuart Scott, "You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live." This is how I live, how I win- spreading awareness and supporting the countless number of courageous women who run this race daily, those who have survived it, and those we've lost.

Will you help? Any donation, large or small, fuels the best science, boldest community, and creates the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. 75 percent of the money raised through the Walk stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research. Be a voice for your mothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, neighbors, and friends. Let's all pitch in to end breast cancer forever!

Fight Like A Girl!
Celeste
Read More Read Less Support Me
colorful ruler

Celeste Is MORE THAN PINK®

Add your name to the list!

Donate
Celeste's Donors Are MORE THAN PINK®!
Fundraising Honor Roll
Jan Pinkney
$260
Willis & Esther Hall, Jr.
$208
Sarena Hall
$197
Akia K White
$156
Anonymous
Elisha Hines
$140
Dijah H
$140
Jason Jeffery
$109
Theresa
ALYSSIA N GREENE
$104
Maxine Jones
$104
Sharon Smallwood
$104
KELLY SMITH
$78
Anonymous
Shontay Clark
$62
Alicia Adams
$62
Brandon Hall
Adrienne Londeree
W d Scott
$57
Jermaine Vincente
$52
Lamar McLemore
$52
Amelia R. Hall
Brenda Williams
$52
Vivian Collins
$52
Crystal Collins
$52
Ms. Sheree Cleckley
$52
Ms. Angela Mason
$31
Barbara Pittman
$31
Mrs. Maxine A Curtis
$26
Ashlee C
$26
Karma Francis
$26
YEJIDE VAN PETTEN
$26
Ms. Celeste K Hall
$25
Ms. Dana Evans
$20
Cecelia Gilbert
$20
Jasmine Skinner
$10