I've registered for the Komen MORE THAN PINK Walk again this year because I wanted to take action and be More Than Pink.
When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in the 1950’s, cancer was only mentioned in whispers. Thanks to the efforts of the Susan G. Komen Foundation and brave women in public life, like Betty Ford, Sandra Day O’Connor, and more recently, Angelena Jolie, breast cancer and prophylactic treatments are discussed openly. As my own oncologist and genetic counselor like to say, “knowledge is power.” And as the Komen mantra says, “early detection saves lives.” So I fundraise:
- To fund studies that inform care and treatment
- To fund research on preventing, diagnosing, and treating breast cancer
- To fund patient care: screening, diagnosis, treatment, treatment navigation, and support
- To fund genetic counseling and testing relating to genetic mutations
- To fund education and outreach regarding breast health
Please help me in making an impact in the fight against breast cancer by making a tax-deductible donation today in support of my fundraising efforts.
Your support helps us get one step closer to a world without breast cancer. 75 percent of the money raised through the Walk stays in the community to fund local breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Together, we are fueling the best science, boldest community and biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. And we will not stop until this disease is gone forever. That's our promise. Will you please join me in this fight by making a donation today?