Start a Team
To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 Select the team captain. The captain must register first and create the team before members can join.
- Step 2 Choose a team name and team division that best describes your team. During registration, designate whether you are a friends and family, corporate or school team.
- Step 3 Invite friends, coworkers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to race and fundraise with you. Use this Team Flyer to make things easy for you!
- Step 4 Set up your team web page. After you register, log in to your Fundraising Center to add a photo of your team, set a fundraising goal and tell everyone why you race for the cure.
- Step 5 Check out all the Race Challenges going on to encourage and engage your Team in Fundraising and being More Than Pink™.
Each team member can fundraise on their personal Facebook page! Friends will be able to read your story, watch your progress and donate – all without ever leaving Facebook, helping the team to build momentum and reach their goals faster.
Team Captain Checklist
After you register, it’s time to recruit your team and start fundraising. Here are some tips to get started:
- Make a donation of any size to show your commitment and kick off your fundraising efforts.
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit for your team.
- Display event materials, such as brochures and posters, around your office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high-traffic areas. Include your name and contact information so people can easily get involved. Click HERE to download the Race Team Flyer!
- Host a kickoff meeting or event, and invite the Susan G. Komen® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members to encourage them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
Every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. And when you race with a team, you amplify your impact. How much will your team add to the movement?
Once you have your team in place, there are two ways to raise funds:
- Each team member asks their friends, family and coworkers to make a donation. Visit our Fundraising 101 page for tips on personal fundraising.
- Your team works together to host a fundraising event. Download our 101 Fundraising Ideas for fun and easy team fundraising events.
The ultimate reward for your fundraising work is knowing that you and your team made your mark in the breast cancer fight. Set your goals high, and be sure to visit our Rewards page to see how we celebrate our top-performing teams.
Team Challenges - Win Prizes!
Encourage your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues to join your Race Team, so you and all your Team Members can win some great prizes! Here are the Race Team Challenges get started:
- Top Team Fundraiser (September 1st - 30th): There is no “I” in TEAM! Together as a Team, you can achieve anything, even when it comes to Fundraising! The Team that fundraises the most from September 1st-30th will be crowned our Top Team Fundraiser and be presented a RECOGNITION CAKE and PLAQUE in their office, a #MORETHANPINK CAPE for the Team Captain, a $500 RESTAURANT GIFT CARD and an EXCLUSIVE INVITATION for the Team to our POST-RACE RECOGNITION PARTY.
Click HERE to view and/or download the 2017 Race Challenges Flyer!
Get in the Zone....The Team Zone!
We have revamped our Team Zone with inflatables, activities, sponsor sampling and such much more! Only Teams with a Team Tent are admitted into the Team Zone so gather your friends, family and coworkers and start forming your Race Team! We don't want you to miss on all the fun!
Team Tent Rental
Teams are encouraged to purchase a Team Tent for all your Team members to meet and gather under during all our Race Festivities. All Team Tents will be located in the Team Zone, which will include a Chill-n-Relax Zone by Muscle Milk with product giveaways, Coffee by Starbucks, Team inflatables, Gaming System Area provided by Microsoft and so much more!
To purchase your Team Tent, please complete the Team Tent Rental Form and email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Publix Supermarkets will once again be offering food, beverages and ice for Teams that will like to purchase food for their Teams. You can find all the necessary information including Publix Menu in your Team Tent Rental Form.
For any further questions, please contact the Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Office at (954) 909-0454 or email email@example.com.