Fundraising & Teams

The heart of this event is you, our participants—and we need your help to make the biggest impact possible against this disease. Remember, your registration fee helps gets you to the start line, BUT your fundraising dollars will help us find a cure.  Your support will fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs that save lives in our community!

Here are a few things to know and share with everyone…

  • Up to 75% of Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale’s net revenue is used to support local community based education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program
  • All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law
  • Learn more about the research Komen does around the globe

Ways to Fundraise

• DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) FUNDRAISING: Create your own impact project to make a difference. Choose a category, start you personal fundraising page nad connect with family and friends to get started. CLICK HERE for more information!

• SNEAKER4FUNDS: Fundraise for Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale by donating gently worn used shoes. Supporting the fight against breast cancer has never been easier! CLICK HERE for more information!

• KRISPY KREME: Start a Donut Fundraiser & raise funds through donut sales. In three easy steps, you can set a goal and Krispy Kreme will tell you how many donuts will get you to your goal. Sounds like a yummy opportunity! CLICK HERE to get started!

• KENDRA SCOTT PARTY: Book a complimentary shopping fundraiser with Kendra Scott. Light bites and beverages will be provided, all you have to do is invite your friends! Contact Brittany Benavidez at brittany.benavidez@kendrascott.com or call 412.352.3839.

General Donations

Race for the Cure Donations may be turned in at the Registration Tent on Race Day. Please download this Donation Form to get started.

Please make all checks payable to: Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

Mail all donations to:  Susan G. Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale | 1333 S. University Drive, Suite 206, Plantation, FL 33324. 

 

Multiply your impact, multiply your fun!

You likely already have friends, coworkers and family members who are passionate supporters of the breast cancer cause. Race for the Cure® is your chance to take action and show that you are all More Than Pink! Form a team in honor or in memory of someone you know who has been impacted by breast cancer, or simply to help make a difference—together.

Fundraise on your personal Facebook page! Friends will be able to read your story, watch your progress and donate – all without ever leaving Facebook.

Connect Your Race Fundraiser to Facebook

Get out there and join the fight. Register or log in to fundraise today!

2016 Team Stats

Registered teams: 430
Total Participants on Teams: 7,350 (75%!)
Funds Raised by Teams: $176,194
Largest Team: 625 

Team Captain Tip: 
Encourage all your team members to fundraise. If all 2016 team members had raised just $100, our fundraising would have increased by $803,706 - the equivalent of 6,182 mammograms! 

Team Incentives: 
Get your family, freinds and colleagues and start a team today! We have some great Team Challenges coming up Teams and Team Captains to win some great prizes!

 

Fundraising and Teams
In This Section

Race Day Information

Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Race for the CureŽ

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Bayfront Park - Downtown Miami

301 Biscayne Boulevard

Miami, FL 33132

View Race Day Schedule