You’ll find an incredible community of survivors and co-survivors at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure®. Survivors and co-survivors gather to celebrate and support one another in an atmosphere of genuine camaraderie. It is their inspiring spirit that energizes us to continue the fight to end breast cancer forever and their fundraising efforts that encourage other participants to be More Than Pink™ .
Our Special Survivors – Please Read
Race Day Information for You!
- In your Race packet you will receive:
- Pink survivor race shirt
- 2 wristbands - one Pink for you and one White for your guest to enter the Survivor Café tent
- Various important information sheets
- Survivor Café opens at 8:00 a.m.
- Survivor and one guest will enter the Survivor Café tent. You and your one guest must wear the pink or white wristband. It will be marked when you enter and again when you receive your bag containing survivor goodies.
- Sheetz is providing the food for the Survivor Café.
- The Survivor Cafe will close at 11:15 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. Main Stage activities begin in the Celebration area.
- Survivors Processional will be at 9:00 a.m! (Listen for announcement to go to the Survivor Café area.)
- Survivors will line up at 8:45 a.m. outside the Survivor Café tent. (You will not be lined up behind year signs. The color ribbon on your flag will show the range of years.)
- Faces of Breast Cancer, current and alumni, will lead the processional to the Race start line!
- 9:30 a.m. Race Begins
- 10:30 a.m. Closing Ceremony at Main Stage; Awards are Distributed
Have a wonderful Race – it is YOUR day!